For many people, the area between their eyes has wrinkles or a “frown” that can make them appear angry, stressed or tired. Fortunately, these signs of aging and stress can be reduced with neuromodulators injected into the glabella area. The glabella is the area of skin between the eyebrows and above the nose.
Neuromodulators, also known as Botox, temporarily relax targeted muscle groups to reduce lines and facial features causing expression alteration such as glabella frown lines appearing when making certain facial expressions (e.g., frowning ). The effect is short-term but regular treatments improve skin texture, tone and appearance long-term depending on how often it's administered.
After each procedure your face should look more relaxed for about four months before needing touch ups at the same time every year if desired.
Glabella Botox benefits
Getting Botox injections in the glabella area, which is the space between the eyebrows and above the nose, can offer several benefits. Here are some key advantages:
1. Botox targets the muscles responsible for creating vertical lines between the eyebrows, also known as frown lines or 11 lines. By injecting Botox into the glabella area, these lines can be significantly reduced or even eliminated, resulting in a smoother and more youthful appearance.
2. Botox works by temporarily relaxing the muscles it is injected into. This relaxation can help soften and minimize other types of wrinkles in the glabella area, including horizontal forehead lines and crow's feet, giving the skin a smoother and more relaxed appearance.
3. Besides reducing existing wrinkles, Botox can have preventive benefits. By temporarily paralyzing the muscles in the glabella area, it restricts their movement and prevents the formation of new wrinkles, helping to maintain a youthful look over time.
4. Botox injections are minimally invasive and do not require surgery. This makes it an attractive option for those seeking facial rejuvenation without the need for incisions, anesthesia, or a lengthy recovery period. Most individuals can resume their regular activities shortly after the procedure.
5. Quick and Convenient Procedure: The Botox injection process is typically quick and convenient, often completed within 10 to 15 minutes. This makes it suitable for busy individuals who want a convenient solution to address wrinkles and achieve smoother skin in the glabella area.
6. While individual results may vary, Botox injections in the glabella area can provide noticeable results that typically last between three to six months. Scheduling regular maintenance appointments can help maintain the desired aesthetic outcome over an extended period.
Frequently asked Questions
When will I see results?
Typically, you will see results after your botox treatment within 3-5 days. However, it can take up to two weeks for the full effects of the neuromodulators to be seen.
How long do results last?
Botox lasts anywhere from 3 months; however, it may last a bit longer for some people and a bit shorter for others.
Which conditions can you treat with Botox?
TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder)
Bruxism (teeth grinding)
Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
Fine lines and expression lines
What are the advantages of receiving a Botox treatments?
Benefits include quick results, with noticeable changes within 7-14 days;
Long lasting effects (up to 3–6 months);
Minimal pain and no need for anaesthesia;
Very low risk (side effects occur in less than 2%);
Only requires 10-30 minutes for injection session; and you won’t have any downtime or recovery time needed afterward.
Additionally, it is an alternative non-invasive form of cosmetic surgery without incisions or scarring.
When can I return to the gym after my Botox treatment?
You should wait at least 24 hours after the treatment.
Avoid drinking alcohol the day of the treatment. After you have received your neuromodulator injection, there are a few things that you should do to ensure that the treatment is effective and that you experience minimal side effects.
First, avoid rubbing or massaging the treated area and avoid laying down for at least 4 hours after the injection. This will help to prevent the neuromodulator from moving to other muscles and causing unwanted side effects.
Second, avoid exposure to heat, including saunas, hot tubs, and sunbathing, for at least 24 hours after the treatment. Heat can cause the botox to spread and increase the risk of side effects.
Finally, drink plenty of water and eat a healthy diet to help your body recover from the treatment.